Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Dark Tourism: The Korean Crisis, North Korea - 08/07/2013
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2870/9375679557_37ddaedf9e_b.jpg

In an alarming series of events earlier this year - now being referred to as the '2013 Korean Crisis' - North Korea began testing new and improved missiles intended for the delivery of a nuclear warhead. South Korea, Japan and the United States were named as targets, while the already-familiar sabre rattling on the Korean Peninsula escalated to new extremes. Meanwhile, the rest of the world went to Red Alert, bracing for the outbreak of a nuclear war in the East. At the height of the tensions, I visited the North Korean port city of Rason... and was able to take a rare glimpse inside a nation divided in two, and seemingly poised on the brink of mutually assured destruction. On the Eve of War Six months on from North Korea's first 2013 nuclear test, the threats of leader Kim Jong-un have been revealed to have lacked substance. At the time however, there seemed to be a very high chance that he would launch nuclear weapons at the South: setting into motion a war which could have benefited no-one. As with my last tour of North Korea , I arranged this trip through my friends at Young Pioneer Tours . They were receiving a record number of cancellations at the time, with more customers pulling out of their Korean tours almost every day. Unlike the standard package tour of the DPRK - most of which stop at the capital Pyongyang as well as the Korean Demilitarized Zone - this time we were headed for a more rural destination: the port city of Rason, situated not far from Russia on the ...

Dark Tourism: The Korean Crisis, North Korea

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy