Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Editorial: July - 07/09/2013
http://i1.wp.com/www.bradleygarrett.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/RD7C62992.jpg

Here's the July editorial - featuring extravagant Olympic ruins, a whole lot of London, and a visit to a Nazi extermination camp. Link Roundup This month's selection of links is mostly based around the theme of 'urban exploration'. I've included the work of four UK explorers I'm planning to meet up with over the next few weeks... plus a weird one, just to spice things up. Aldwych Underground Station The Time Chamber The Fleet The Urban Adventures of Keïteï La Isla De Las Munecas Atlas Obscura RAF Bentwaters Rats n Ruins Ascending the stack: climbing Battersea Power Station Bradley L. Garrett This Month The month started off well for me, with the discovery of an abandoned Olympic swimming pool. Bulgaria has made a number of bids to host the Winter Olympics in the past, putting its name into the hat for both '92 and '94. Neither bid was successful... and now the facilities built to impress the Olympic committee stand in ruins, forgotten and overgrown beside the beach. You can expect a full report on my visit soon. After that, I headed to London - where I'll be staying for the rest of the month. Despite being my home capital, London remains something of a foreign destination for me. I'm familiar with its airports, and I remember childhood visits to a handful of tacky tourist destinations. This time however I'm seeing London from a whole new angle. Having been in touch with a number of local explorers, I'm busy planning upcoming excursions to lost underground rivers, industria...

Editorial: July

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy