Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Urban Exploration: Under the Bridge, Australia - 07/01/2013
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8385/8497350186_05176ca481_b.jpg

While many of the posts you'll read here focus on grandiose monuments or the notorious scenes of global tragedy, I nevertheless remain an ardent fan of the commonplace; in particular, I'm fascinated infrastructure and 'accidental landscapes'. It's a topic I discussed in a little more detail when I infiltrated the rooftops of a Bulgarian shopping centre , not so long ago. This time, it's a historic road bridge that I managed to explore in Australia. It has been featured here before, in fact - you might just have spotted this bridge in the background when I wrote about the ANZAC Drain , preferred meeting place of Melbourne's Cave Clan chapter. As chance would have it, a few nights after that first report I passed by again... managing to find my way inside the framework of this iconic structure. Down by the Yarra The bridge in question crosses both the Yarra River and the Monash Freeway, connecting Melbourne's southern suburbs to the CBD. And, when I came to research the site, I found that it actually had quite an interesting history attached. I found myself wandering along the riverbank late one evening, as I made my way home on foot from a city centre nightclub. It was the end of summer, and the local wildlife was out in force; more than once I spotted the beady eyes of possums watching me from the trees that grow beside the cycle path. Further along, I almost walked headfirst into an intricate web hanging over the footpath. It was the work of an Australian Garden Orb Weaver ...

Urban Exploration: Under the Bridge, Australia

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy