Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Dark Tourism: Buddhist Hell Garden, Thailand - 06/10/2013
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2870/8988372622_d31bdf3ebd_b.jpg

Hidden away down an overgrown road, in a village not far from Bangkok, there lies a curious museum known to many as the 'Thailand Hell Horror Park'. Built adjacent to a local temple, the Wang Saen Suk Hell Garden - as it is correctly named - brings to life Buddhist teachings about the torments of the underworld, in a series of increasingly gruesome scenes. Curious to learn more, I set out in search of Hell. Wang Saen Suk Hell Garden I first came across photos from the Wang Saen Suk Hell Garden a couple of years ago, after they had appeared in The Fortean Times . When I finally got to Thailand for myself, it was right up there on my 'to-do' list. After a little digging around I managed to find a listing for Wang Saen Suk on Tripadvisor - which gave the address as Sai 2, Soi 19, Saen Suk. The village of Saen Suk is located close to Chon Buri - around 100km southeast of Bangkok - and while its pleasant beaches do attract their fair share of domestic tourism, the majority of foreigners pass this spot by in favour of nearby Pattaya or the spectacular islands to the south. I didn't have much in the way of a plan; I simply woke up early one day and headed down towards Bangkok's hectic bus station beside Victory Monument. Getting there seemed to be a relatively simple affair. Regular coaches run from the capital to the infamous sex-tourism hotspot of Pattaya, and they would all be passing Chon Buri on the way. From there I guessed I'd taxi it to the Hell Garden. Getting back worried...

Dark Tourism: Buddhist Hell Garden, Thailand

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy