Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Camelot Theme Park - June 2013 - 06/04/2013
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8269/8924934070_80be42bd3a_z.jpg

Back to some Urbex, its been a few weeks since we had a good little mooch. We all like a closed theme park, something unnatural about a closed theme park, a bit too quiet and no smell of overpriced popcorn and hotdogs - its all a bit "Scooby Doo". Sadly for us in the UK we don't have that many open theme parks, never mind closed -  but this one used to be the magical word of Camelot was just round the corner from me - so off we shot in the Mystery Machine. Being just round the corner the I'd visited Camelot many times over the years with the kids, a small theme park based around the legend of King Arthur (I suspect you had worked that one out for yourself to be honest) it was a good day out for those on a budget - but it just needed to be a little bigger with a few more rides I personally thought to myself on those hot summers days many years ago. The park opened in 1983 and finally closed to the public at the end of 2012. Visited with Urban Spaceman and the Tin Dog on a strangely warm summers day, given the site is about 140 acres we thought we would do some homework and refresh our memories of the site pre-visit. With our reconnaissance consisting of an episode of Sooty found on Youtube, a vague glance at some old Camelot maps found on a theme park website off we shot - scroll along to about 9 minutes 30 to glance an idea of the place in its former glory. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_Z30TY_xQ An easy in and full of security cameras, we quickly said hello to the s...

Camelot Theme Park - June 2013

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy