Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Weird World: The Devil's Kitchen, China - 05/20/2013
http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3832/8750671629_8667dd4c73_b.jpg

Taking a momentary change of pace, this post is going to be focussed on food. Not just any food, however; but rather a certain backstreet restaurant in China, presided over by the devil herself. In fact, I considered adding this report to my Dark Tourism section... but while dark tourism tends to deal with death and suffering en masse, the only suffering featured here will be my own. Qingdao is home to the Mount Qingdao Fort Museum, the Fushan tunnels and Zhongshan bunkers , as well as hosting an annual beer festival sometimes referred to as the 'Asian Oktoberfest'. The famous Tsingtao Brewery can be found on Beer Street, which is adjacent to Wine Street, and not far from where I was staying - beside the Korean district at Coffee Street. Qingdao also features what is - by far and away - the spiciest food I have ever tasted. Located in the eastern province of Shandong, Qingdao is not typically known for spicy food. The famous Shandong cuisine tends to incorporate two main styles; Jinan style is often oriented around soups, while Qingdao's Jiaodong style makes good use of the coast with a range of light, aromatic seafood dishes. Most notorious in China for its use of chilli, is the cuisine that originated in the Sichuan province (a name formerly Westernised as 'Szechwan' or 'Szechuan'). I've been to Sichuan, and although I sampled some excellent spiced foods there, none of it quite compares to the ferocity of a little back-street restaurant in Qingdao... going by the name of '...

Weird World: The Devil's Kitchen, China

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy