Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Michael Winner (1935 - 2013) - 01/23/2013
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6184/6055810463_e2dfbeb477.jpg

In my vast DVD and Blu-ray collection (I'm not a digital man) one film is missing, one film that to me reminds me of my childhood years. No its not Star Wars or Gremlins or Jaws or the various Planet of the Apes films,  its Hannibal Brooks. You see before the age of multichannel television and video to go certain films popped up the schedules on TV, for many World War 2 was not a distant memory and war films had been a staple diet of any child growing up in the early 1970s. With a film script written by comedy writers Ian La Frenais and Dick Clement, Michael Winner directed a film with a plot about a British prisoner of war (Oliver Reed) rescuing an elephant from Munich Zoo and escaping over the mountains to Switzerland - a war film for all the family. Roll on to 2011 and can you buy Hannibal Brooks on DVD anywhere ? It was released on a long deleted Japanese issue, but you can't buy a copy for love nor money. In the age of social media, what should you do ???? I know lets ask the director, step forward Twitter, lets ask Mr Michael Winner how on earth I get a copy of Hannibal Brooks.  @MrMichaelWinner kind Sir, will the 1969 classic Hannibal Brooks every come out on DVD?Sorry to disturb you if your eating your evening meal - he had this reputation of being a bit grumpy, so I thought best be polite.  MrMichaelWinner Michael Winner @fragglehunter sadly i am not in control of that, there are versions avaiable on internet i bought some - blimey I got a reply, but o...

Michael Winner (1935 - 2013)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy