Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Abu Dhabi Fish Auction - 11/19/2012
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8197/8184193780_0493051a96_z.jpg

November 2012 - A bit of a break from the norm, with a little explore at 3.50am in the morning down by the docks in Abu Dhabi. I'd seen a few little reports on the Abu Dhabi fish auctions in the likes of National Geographic, but the photos shown quickly skip to the Abu Dhabi Fish Market, a wonderful place to visit in itself - but the Abu Dhabi Fish Auction happens well before the fish market opens, whilst the rest of the city sleeps in the shadow of the skyscrapers. I stumbled down the road about 3am to find that the new Abu Dhabi bus service was true to its word running its 24 hour service, I was a lone traveler on the long and deserted roads into the city, the 4 dirham fare was a bargain for the 40 minute journey into the centre of Abu Dhabi. A quick taxi ride later and I stood on a very dark quayside thinking nothing to see here, so I wandered towards some bright lighting in the distance. A quayside square, with dhow boats being unloaded greeted me,...

Abu Dhabi Fish Auction

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy