Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Urban Exploration - Sites focusing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, co

Forums     Login   Signup

Urban Exploration

Subrings: Urban Exploration - Houses   Urban Exploration Photography   Urban Exploration - Hospitals   Urban Exploration - Paris France   Urban Exploration - Belgium  
Manager: trekker1
This forum serves the urban exploration ring, which contains sites focussing on the art of urban exploration: touring storm drains, abandoned buildings, rooftops, transit tunnels, college steam tunnels and other off-limits locations.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 3 of 3
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Duke of Lancaster - 09/16/2012
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8312/7991234598_8e4b9bc17f_z.jpg

September 15th 2012 - Yet another return trip to Mostyn, North Wales to see the ghost ship The Duke of Lancaster, now being brought back to life by invited graffiti and street artists. With the two nippers in tow to test the magnetism of the ship and to take a look at the new artwork painted by The Cream Soda Crew off we shot.  An hours drive from home with the Wombats blasting away in the car, the nippers favorite being the album A Guide to Love, Loss and Desperation - not a bad choice of music for a 3 year old. A walk down a damp and slightly muddy path is any kids idea of fun, but to add a ship with a "monster" emblazoned on the side and you hit a jackpot it would seem.   - Not just me then. The sight of the new work by The Cream Soda Crew, a Diver Dan with a skull peeking from the helmet caused my youngest to pipe up "who turned out the lights?" referencing Doctor Who. Being one of my pet projects, this one is to be continued and you may like t...

Duke of Lancaster

Replied - 10/08/2012
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8314/8060570732_55ccbba3fa_z.jpg

Bungle - October 2012 - As part of my ongoing personal project to document the "Black Duke of Lancaster Project" by Dudug I returned to Wales to photograph the new artwork addition by Bungle, titled The Voice of Authority.      Must say, I'm still a frustrated I can't get closer to the ship and get some new angles, but its still a bloody great place for shots. The ship did have a guest photographer, which gives a sense of scale to the ship - lucky bugger ! A return trip by plane is still on the cards, just waiting for a little more graffiti to be done to make it worthwhile. More to follow....

Duke of Lancaster

Replied - 11/04/2012
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8479/8151379673_3aa66d69d6_z.jpg

November 2012 - Goin, Mr Zero, Fatheat - A quick post, as I type this I'm crossing my fingers for the cloud to clear for a trip out in the plane today, my plan is to fly down from Manchester to the Duke of Lancaster to get some updated aerial photographs, unless Captain Pugwash has other plans... Flights just haven't happened for me since the Round Britain Rally with a combination of shocking weather, other plans and commitments with the addition of waiting my turn as I owed another flight to my nipper. So yesterday I jumped in the car for the hour drive to North Wales to the Duke of Lancaster, I knew artists would be working on new artwork on the stern of the ship and that artist Goin had finished some work earlier in the week. Council of Monkeys by Goin, would seem to be a dig at the local council of Flintshire, a theme which is being expanded I was to find. I was then taken aback by two further artworks, that I not heard about - new paint still drying and hinting at corrupt...

Duke of Lancaster

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy