Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Blog This! - Like to read blogs? We got blogs! We kept it clean. This is a general topic ring, so you will find an eclectic mix of to

Forums     Login   Signup

Blog This!

Manager: system1
Like to read blogs? We got blogs! We kept it clean. This is a general topic ring, so you will find an eclectic mix of topics here.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Home - A Sanctuary - 03/04/2013
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-WNFCNrXKdn8/UTEqOZb7J9I/AAAAAAAAABo/Q3RY3-mdNVA/s320/IMG_6127.JPG

Home.  The word evokes many images of comfort and warmth.  Above all, home should be our sanctuary, a soft place to fall when the world is cold and hard, a refuge from our troubles. Is your home like that?  In this series, we will explore different ways to make our house (or apartment or condo) a true home. First, we'll explore some physical ways to make our house a home, then we'll move on to the deeper psychological underpinnings of what makes a home a real home. First, a disclaimer.  I am by no means perfect, or even close, in this area.  I got married and moved two years ago and still have some unpacked boxes.  There are things to be tossed and donated.  Cleaning is one of those things that I plan to do and then life gets in the way.  So I expect to learn right alongside everybody else about how to do it better. One of the most basic things that we can do to make our homes more comfortable is to declutter.  Clutter not only takes up physical space but also takes up mental space.  It's just hard to relax in a cluttered place. But decluttering is always difficult because there are other things to do, like jobs, taking care of children and husbands, pets, and regular daily upkeep of your living quarters.  De-cluttering seems like such a huge project that would take an even huger amount of time that just isn't available.  You know those home improvement shows where the organizing ex...

Home - A Sanctuary

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy