Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Blog This! - Like to read blogs? We got blogs! We kept it clean. This is a general topic ring, so you will find an eclectic mix of to

Forums     Login   Signup

Blog This!

Manager: system1
Like to read blogs? We got blogs! We kept it clean. This is a general topic ring, so you will find an eclectic mix of topics here.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Methodist Mother-In-Law is Going Down - 03/03/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-13QX11nVj9U/UTLQLzBYtmI/AAAAAAAAAIc/DyqpMVla_x8/s1600/church.jpg

Dear Dink, I am a Baptist. My in-laws and my husband are Methodists. My husband and I attend a Baptist church. Under most circumstances, I don't pay attention to denominational differences, because I think we're all going to the same place anyway. The problem is that my in laws, especially my mother-in-law, have made it clear that they don't like the fact that we're going to the "wrong" church. Earlier we even suggested that they could come to church on Christmas Eve with us, and my mother-in-law burst into tears and ran out of the room. Evidently, the fact that I am not a Methodist offends them deeply. I don't want to join a different church just to please them, though. Any thought on what to do that doesn’t involve hurting everyone's feelings? Praying for Peace Dear Peace, Screw their feelings; they obviously don’t care much for your feelings. As many people often do, they are completely missing the point of religion, church, spirituality, Christianity, whatever you want to call it. For these people it is more about being Methodist or Catholic than it is about being a Christian. You could pray that your mother-in-law be raptured immediately NOW. Somebody give me an Amen! First of all, you shouldn’t do ANYTHING to please that bitch who bore your husband. I’m sorry, but this is the most ridiculous thing I have heard in quite some time. I did not know the Methodists thought so highly of themselves versus the other denominations. And don’t worry about your husband’...

Methodist Mother-In-Law is Going Down

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy