Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Blog This! - Like to read blogs? We got blogs! We kept it clean. This is a general topic ring, so you will find an eclectic mix of to

Forums     Login   Signup

Blog This!

Manager: system1
Like to read blogs? We got blogs! We kept it clean. This is a general topic ring, so you will find an eclectic mix of topics here.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Children’s Fever: Should I Use Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen? - 01/31/2013
http://callistasramblings.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/acetaminophen-or-ibuprofen.jpg

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a medical professional however I am sharing what I learned from nurses who gave a talk about the subject. You should talk to your doctor before using this advice. I am not to be held responsible if you follow this advice and something happens. You agree to this if you read the post. Created with Image from Sura Nualpradid (freedigitalphotos.net) When your child has a fever, all you want to do is make it go away so your child can feel better. The most effective method is with medication but there are different ones to choose from. What is Considered a Fever? A fever is when the body temperature is above 38C or 100.4 F. Often 99F is considered a low grade fever as it’s generally above what is regular for someone. However it does not need to be treated, especially if the patient is happy and acting normally. Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen? What’s the difference? Acetaminophen (Tylenol) is designed for pain and fever and also has slight anti-nausea qualities which make it easier to digest as well. Ibuprofen (Motrin, Advil) is designed for pain, swelling and fever. It has anti-inflammatory qualities (brings down inflammation/swelling) and so is especially good for pain caused by swelling such as dental pain and joint injuries. Ibuprofen brings fever down quicker than Acetaminophen and lasts longer so it should be given first. If however Ibuprofen is not enough, you can alternate the two medicines if you do so safely. (More on that later.) What About t...

Children’s Fever: Should I Use Acetaminophen or Ibuprofen?

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy