Home | What's New | Help | Sign In/Join

WebRing Blog Support

Tell a friend about this site Email a friend 
Manager: support
WebRing Blog SupportNeed help with something related to your WebRing blog? Check out the sites listed on the Sites page or the Permanent Posts below for some of the most commonly asked questions. Don't see an answer to your question? Search the posts, or post a new question. Answers may take a little time, so please have patience. Coming soon...
Sponsor this Ring

Add your site to WebRing
  Hub Member Sites Forum Directory  
Permanent Posts
Can't Sign In to Blog?
  Your editable view of your WebRing blog should open automatically after cli

Don't Use a Different Password
  Some members will choose to set a different sign-in password for their WebR

Why is my blog gone?
  There are likely one of three reasons why your blog no longer exists: Yo
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 2 of 2
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Please help with bad code in Blog - 10/22/2010
Kyle helped me in the past with this, but sadly it looks like he is no longer around. Here is the e-mail I sent about my problem:

Quite a few months ago some code messed up my blog and you fixed it for me. It has happened again! I think it was the eBay code last time.

http://pg.webring.com/members/blog/cartoonavatars/

Thanks! ~ Lois

Replied - 10/22/2010
Kyle is around, but you are not supposed to be emailng staff directly. THIS is the place to seek help for two reasons:
1. You'll get it faster
2. Others may learn from what they read here

The source of the problem is not looking at what you are inserting. Take your time when cutting and pasting html from one service to another. ebay's nastly littel javascript (which is empty btw) and subsequent noscript tags wreak havoc on the resulting HTML, and worse serve no prupose whatsoever. Don't insert empty script tags because they do nothing at best and could easily do worse (as in this case) and don't ever use noscript tags except on error landing pages. no one would ever be able to see your blog (or 99.99% of and other pages on the net) with javscript disabled, so the downside to using it (with improperly closed tags) is not worht it. Nor is the bandwidth used to transmit something never used.

In any case, we've removed the unpleasant code and your blog is back :)

All Threads |   All Posts   ]
Popular | The Shops at WebRing | Blogs | Webspace | Discuss
Family & Home | Games & Gaming | Music | Pets | Politics | Religion
Art | Literature | Computers | Entertainment | Fitness | Hobbies & Crafts | Science | Sports & Rec | Travel
Business | Cultural | Education | Food | Regional | Relationships
Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy