Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
BLOG-GIRLS - A webring for girls addicted to BLOGGING!

Forums     Login   Signup

BLOG-GIRLS

Manager: okieshadow
A webring for girls addicted to BLOGGING!

Sponsored Links

Welcome To The Forum
Justice to my readers compels me to admit
  'Justice to my readers compels me to admit that I write because I have noth

the creative gift
  'The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is n

And by the way....
  'And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgo
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

The World's Last Night - 12/20/2012
https://www.assoc-amazon.com/e/ir?t=rereadablebooksr&l=ur2&o=1

So the world is going to end tomorrow. Or not. As I understand the Mayan calendar kerfuffle, the whole thing was spawned by a misinterpretation of a single inscription. In fact, the fateful date simply marked the start of a new 394-year cycle. The USA WEEKEND magazine of December 7-9 had the cover caption “The End of the World Is Not Near” and an article in which several scientists debunk fears of imminent catastrophes such as the shifting of the planet’s magnetic poles or the Earth’s getting hit by an asteroid or comet anytime soon. A couple of Sundays ago, our rector’s sermon began with the assurance that the world isn’t going to end this month. I felt like asking, “How do you know?” It’s almost impossible to prove a negative. However, the odds are against it. In 1979, Isaac Asimov published a book called A CHOICE OF CATASTROPHES, exploring all the ways doom might befall the world as we know it. One might expect him...

The World's Last Night

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy