Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
BLOG-GIRLS - A webring for girls addicted to BLOGGING!

Forums     Login   Signup

BLOG-GIRLS

Manager: chubby_chick
A webring for girls addicted to BLOGGING!

Sponsored Links

Welcome To The Forum
Justice to my readers compels me to admit
  'Justice to my readers compels me to admit that I write because I have noth

the creative gift
  'The writer who possesses the creative gift owns something of which he is n

And by the way....
  'And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgo
read...
Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Darkover - 12/06/2012
Over Thanksgiving weekend, as usual, we attended the Darkover Grand Council convention held just north of Baltimore. Despite the name, this cozy con of a few hundred fans and writers isn’t restricted to Marion Zimmer Bradley’s work but includes the full range of science fiction and fantasy. They have an excellent dealer’s room. This year’s guest of honor was Nalo Hopkinson. She spent part of her GOH speech talking about her life as an inhabitant of multiple worlds (culturally) and her childhood in Jamaica. I wish you could have heard her describing her grandmother’s recipe for Christmas cake (fruitcake raised to the ultimate) drenched in rum. Hopkinson also spoke about the craft of writing and mentioned the tendency of new writers to describe scenes from above and outside with a “camera eye.” She emphasized the importance of multi-sensory imagery and getting inside the “skin” of the POV character. One especially thoug...

Darkover

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy