Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Art - The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Forums     Login   Signup

Art

Manager: webmaster
The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A Teensey Mistake... - 09/20/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-s3E4rCi0cog/UjvMUrg7dLI/AAAAAAAAGzc/HWq2r5dO8mA/s640/Little_Lake_No.1_(c)_2013_Kit_Lang.jpg

So, I had this idea - it may even have been a picture I saw...  A lake, a bright blue sky, a smattering of clouds, some marsh in the distance - the tip of a cherry red canoe. ,  So, I painted a sky and a lake on some cotton duck. Already, I wasn't really  happy, but I assumed that if I still  didn't like it in the end, I could paint it out with ripples and some such.  So, I put in the tip of my canoe,  And I stitched my marsh. And I'm sorry to say, I didn't take a pic of the piece with the stitching and canoe in place. But the canoe, once quilted, ended up looking like a little red barn, and the stitching in the distance lost perspective and became... ? Believe me when I say, it was NOT working. So I trimmed out the canoe, and as is my usual wont - I threw a tree or two on it. Phew.  Now THAT's better!

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy