The rest of the journals and a story...
So, back in 2011, I made this wall quilt, called "Fractured" (you really should click on that link and the links within to see the story of how it came to be, I'm always amused by it!) - and that wall quilt eventually was requested by the curator of the Union Art Gallery, who wanted t it be part of a show called " Throw: Great Lengths of Innovation in Modern Quilting " (that link goes to a review of the show.) Anyway! If you remember all of that you may remember that this flower thingy above, was originally part of that wall quilt. I have four of them, actually, but decided to make one of them into a journal cover. Which I did. And then I made a couple more - one of out silk and and satin, Another out of silk and one of my hand-dyes... Another just out of cotton and a stenciling attempt that actually worked... And another one out of some blue scraps I had hanging around. However, having seen the journals the other ladies in our group produced, I have been PUT TO SHAME. lol Theirs were absolutely beautiful ! And so now I know for next year. Make 'em realllllllly pretty!