Making paper 'fabric'
So, as I mentioned last week, the chosen charity work that Group of Eight does, is that we make journals for the residents in a womens' homeless shelter. Although I am trying to make them pretty, I am also using them as a way to experiment on a small scale. And I have been very interested in seeing what else I can do with my hand-painted papers. I began by tearing them up into small bits... And scattering them on a piece of cotton muslin which I had added two-sided fusible to. After ironing them down, ... I stitched the wholein a grid pattern (another time, I'll try free-motion quilting a design)... ... and the back, for reference. Initially, I thought that this was the end, but I felt it looked too much like camouflage, so, this being the year of the bird and all, I added one. :) The rest of the journals on Friday. See you then!