Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Art - The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Forums     Login   Signup

Art

Manager: webmaster
The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

What I learned with the last two 'lunch time' projects. - 08/30/2013
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-V2mCvmnMo-M/UiAWHQVV6eI/AAAAAAAAGhk/m5i5V9CU2ls/s400/testing.JPG

So, as you know, lately, I've been doing some handwork concurrently with my other work - ever since I did Last Fall In Spring , I've been kind of bitten by the handwork bug. It seems unlikely that I'll ever be an embroiderer in the traditional sense, nor will I be a thread-painter like Monika Kinner-Whalen . But it turns out I *do* like hand stitching, I'd like to incorporate some elements of traditional embroidery, silk ribbon embroidery and thread painting in my regular work, and I'm quite intrigued by blackwork and stumpwork (the former is particularly appealing). And... ... supposing I ever find the time to actually learn how to do any of these things, I'd like to incorporate this kind of work into the upcoming pieces I have planned for fall/winter 2013/14. I mean, how much MORE awesome would Hiraeth have been with the kind of leaf detail "Last Fall, in Spring" had, or some silk ribbon grass and hand embroidered flowers? But I'm also quite interested in seeing where variations on a simple straight stitch will take me. And that's something I can do without actually having to take time out to research, study, and get to Carnegie Hall. However, there was a bit of a fly in the ointment.  Much as I have been on a constant quest for the perfect batting for my ordinary work (you'll note that I've tried cotton, cotton blend, acrylic, fusible acrylic, bamboo and polyester battings, as well as a quick dip into flexifiber. Since January or so, I've been using polyester fle...

What I learned with the last two "lunch time" projects.

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy