Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Art - The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Forums     Login   Signup

Art

Manager: webmaster
The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Up next... - 08/26/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-wGD14Y1xYM8/UhqjgfF5IHI/AAAAAAAAGgE/gHnR2WmcMpg/s640/where_it_began_(c)_2013_Kit_Lang.jpg

Now that the rush for the shows are over, I can think about what I actually *want* to make, in what little time I have. My inclination is to rush in and start making - but that's never a good idea (lol) and also, make what?  I have two new series I want to start, I want to continue work on the Whitewashed series, I want to make some more birds for Taking Flight , and maybe start some butterflies; I have two challenge pieces for Group of Eight to Make, a piece to start and construct in secret for hopeful entry into next year's Quilt National entry, continue work on my abstract studies, and when, exactly, am I going to start that children's book? Er, what was I talking about again? lol So, given all that, I think it's best if I take a moment and just have a play, breathe, think about where my heart wants to go. So, I pulled out a disperse dye piece that I made last year (m y method here) and decided to finish it.  It was a weird shape because this was during the experimentation stage - I just grabbed some papers and cut them out in tree, leaf and rock shapes to see if it would work - but when it was done it seemed a shame to just toss it.  And now that I'm working on it, I decided to just go with the shape, after first trimming it up.  So, I quilted it. There was a time when having fully quilted it, I would call it done.  But,now's a different time. So, more to come on Wednesday! And though I rarely show the back of pieces (after all, when one looks at ...

Up next...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy