Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Art - The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Forums     Login   Signup

Art

Manager: webmaster
The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

True Confessions... - 06/19/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-JOMJb4QkRFU/Ub_RV4edndI/AAAAAAAAGHw/Hui-N-I5vlw/s640/close_up_quilting.jpg

You know the piece I was working on last week, when I made t his lovely wing ? I'm not working on that anymore.  I may go back to it at some point, but having painted and quilted the background THREE separate times (and these are not small backgrounds!  They're all 60 x 45 inches) and stalling out on it, I have decided that clearly, the Universe doesn't want me to make this piece right now. So I have withdrawn from the show (well, the other two pieces will still be in it) rather than rush to finish it in time and turn in substandard work.  I'll probably come back to it when (if ever!) I decide on what background to put it on.  In the meantime, when I looked at the most recent failed background and realized it wasn't going to work, I immediately saw this new piece, whole in my mind. And speaking of whole - check out my little boy, here! (this pic is clickable if you want to check out the detail) I cut open  most of his face. laid fusing under it, carefully ironed the skin bits down, and then trimmed away the excess. It gave him a lopsided smile (and a surprisingly mature look as compared to my original sketch ), and I had to re-paint his skin in order to cover up the "impetigo" making a darker shade of brown than I intended, but he's still lovely. And then I quilted the dog out of him! Using five shades of brown, one of eggplant and two of black, I ended up giving his face some lovely texture and a more "human" look. (Another pic with a ruler in inche...

True Confessions...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy