Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Art - The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Forums     Login   Signup

Art

Manager: webmaster
The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

My Mistake... - 06/17/2013
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-h8xDyST14io/Ub6zIu03ZuI/AAAAAAAAGGA/hBL7t6sDMpM/s640/reconstrructive_surgery.jpg

Can I repair him?! I started out with a sketch, see? Nice, everything is in order.  So then I sketched it again on some lutradur and then thread sketched the outline. Here, I've already deviated from normal practice.  Ordinarily, I paint first, then thread sketch, but I often lose the best part of the sketch under the paint. So I decided to thread sketch it first. Good idea, right? And from the back.... The second thing I did differently was that I wet the lutradur before I painted it.  I was using red sienna as an undercoat, but I wanted it to be sheer before I added the other paint colours (burnt umber, burnt umber light, yellow ochre, iridescent copper light (fine) and quinacridone burnt orange). Ordinarily, I would make the paint a wash to achieve this effect, but I thought I'd try wetting the lutradur and see what happened  and wanted it to be sheer, But then this happened once it dried. As you can see, there was bubbling all over his face, which a: caused, you know, an uneven surface texture and b: left him looking as if he had impetigo! (So much for THAT experiement!) So, I've begun reconstructive surgery via cutting and fusing. Can it be rescued? Stay tuned! P.S. - I've had "My Mistake" by The Supremes in my head ever since I wrote this post!!!  lol

My Mistake...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy