Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Art - The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Forums     Login   Signup

Art

Manager: webmaster
The Art webring contains sites that display works of art, such as paintings, graphics, designs, ceramics and sculptures.

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Devil In A Red Dress... - 06/13/2013
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cxhchP-9WAw/UbhoJks6OhI/AAAAAAAAGC4/kOUW__nZZa0/s320/stretcher_one_a.jpg

So, the other day I mentioned that I had put "Hiraeth" on stretcher bars because I didn't like the way it was hanging. Although BSP maintains that the "waves" gave it a "very arty 3D" effect, I didn't like it, and I was pretty confident that a potential buyer/show wouldn't either (little did I know it was going off to International Quilt Festival!) Anyway - someone had written me and asked what I had done and how I did it - so here it is! I bought these long pieces of 2 x 1 wood from Home Depot and had them cut to the size I wanted. Hiraeth was 29 x 40 so I calculated for 28.75 by 3.75.  I also measured the wood - and even though it said it was 2 x 1, it was actually 1.75 by 1 so I also had to take that into account when I had my inner pieces cut. I put the pieces together using the metal thingies that you see here on each corner (don't be intimidated by my technical language lol), and I| put them on inside and out of each corner - so eight in total. And then I proceeded to wrap the framing with thin cotton batting. The corners were a bit tricksy... But I muddled through.  I stapled the thing to death, and bob's your uncle! I added an 8 inch border of cotton muslin to Hiraeth which I quadruple seamed (to stand up to stretching), and then once it was wrapped and stapled to the frame, I painted the muslin border in the same colours of green as Hiraeth. NOTE: I discovered in the process that I should have made the frame a 1/2 inch smaller, rather than a 1/4 in...

Devil In A Red Dress...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy