Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Best Travel Sites - This ring is a collection of the greatest travel sites on the Internet today. We have sites for family travel, sites for

Forums     Login   Signup

Best Travel Sites

Manager: nathal54
This ring is a collection of the Greatest Travel Sites on the Internet today. By joining this Ring, you will have many more visitors to your Website and become very well known all over the World. Come Join us Today and be part of this Greatest Ring

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Dolphins Can Stay Awake For 15 Days??? - 10/18/2012
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-SBlZPYfpOWM/UIBxRdErHGI/AAAAAAAADJg/LT8wn2COyQU/s400/Dolphins_sleep_18OCT12.jpg

Dolphins can stay awake... for 15 days???   This news just in from the online UK newspaper, The Telegraph :   I n fact, dolphins may be able to stay awake for longer. Recent scientific testing in California of two smart bottlenosed dolphins, called Nay and Say, was planned for 30 days but was curtailed after 15 due to a storm. Apparently dolphins can sleep with one eye open and half of their brain - called unihemispheric sleep. This 'allows them to come to the surface every so often to breath, and remain constantly vigilant for sharks.'  ---------------- This is exactly the kind of performance I need from a First Mate. Should take about 28 days to cross the Atlantic, from the Canaries to the Caribbean. I need a First Mate who can be constantly vigilant twenty four hours a day making sure we don't get run down by a freighter or bump into a whale or a shark en route.   When solo-sailing oceans, you can normally...

Dolphins Can Stay Awake For 15 Days???

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy