Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Travel Web - Travel Web- A directory of hotels, flights, rentals, vacation destinations & more. Serving all your travel needs. Jo

Forums     Login   Signup

Travel Web

Manager: ellenmichelle66
Travel Web- A directory of hotels, flights, rentals, vacation destinations & more. Serving all your travel needs. Join the webring, and join the topsite listing for one of the largest, most comprehensive travel directories on the Internet!

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

DEATH OF A GENTLE GIANT - 10/01/2012
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FANu7GFgx8I/UGlXZ4a_F6I/AAAAAAAAHWw/MgmtanVDu60/s320/Ceylon_Elepant_Transport.jpg

A gleaning from "Fifty years in Ceylon" by  Major Thomas Skinner: Elephants are strange animals. I have seen many little traits of which I have never read any account in the books of natural history. One thing I noticed, that the larger and more powerful they are when fist captured and brought to the stables, the quieter and more docile they appear. The largest captured elephant I have ever seen was one of in the possession of Mr. Cripps, the Government Agent of the Seven Korales ; he was a full-sized animal, and yet he fed from our hands the evening he was brought in. He was very docile in his training until the day he was first put in harness, when he could not stand the indignity of being expected to draw a wagon. He dropped the shafts and died-the natives declared of a broken heart. This was by no means a solitary instance of casualties from a like cause. I have had several animals in my own department who have died...

DEATH OF A GENTLE GIANT

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy